We all lead busy hectic lives and simple things such as sharing an evening meal together with your family are a thing of the past. Gone are the days of a traditional family meal where everyone sat round the table and actually discussed their day. In 2011 it is not only TV dinners but laptop meals and interruptions from text messages, phone calls, tweets and facebook updates that spoil real family time.
According to a recent study by Bisto, modern working families now eat their dinner in four different rooms at four different times. It is no surprise that the average family meal only lasts 22mins and one third eat dinner in front of a computer screen. It is sad times to think that children are eating in their bedrooms alone.
It is healthier to eat together and communicate with your family. Family bonding, even for one meal a day really can make a difference and improve everyones mood. So make a conscious effort to sit round the table, ban all phones, iPods, iPads and forget your virtual friends and focus on your real ones. Or spruce things up and once a week eat out, get dressed up and dine out, try new foods from top Glasgow restaurants and let someone else do the cooking for a change!
With Mothers Day on Sunday 3rd April 2011 there is no better way to say I Love You Mum and get the family all round the table together. Say thank you for putting up with all of your moans and groans, funding your childhood and providing that all important shoulder to cry on over the years.
You are truly spoiled for choice at Princes Square Glasgow with 8 different restaurants and if you have never been you can watch our Restaurant Videos and experience the atmosphere to help you choose. BUT hurry, Mothers Day is a busy time so book early to avoid disappointment!
Glasgow is a vibrant city full of clubs, bars, restaurants, museums, theatres, stadiums and is rather famous these days for shopping. If you are planning a trip to the city and are looking for a few restaurant suggestions we thought we would help you with a list of what we at Princes Square have to offer. There are so many great restaurants in Glasgow City Centre you really are spoiled for choice.
Princes Square is right in the heart of Glasgow City Centre and boasts a total of 8 different restaurants all with their own unique personality. The amazing architecture means you can dine outside on the restaurant balconies and enjoy a Mediterranean al fresco vibe.
- Barca Tapas Spanish Restaurant: Serving up authentic Spanish tapas, hearty paella and offering FREE Salsa lessons to compliment your food. Cava and cocktails flow freely as well as a tasty jug of sangria to share with friends.
- Zizzi’s Italian Restaurant: A tasty mix of rustic pizza with a host of fresh toppings and steaming plates of fresh pasta. If you like contemporary dining Italian style then Zizzi is the place for you.
- Il Pavone Italian Restaurant: Enter this Italian kitchen and taste some traditional home cooked Italian recipes. Spaghetti Carbonara and Risotto never tasted so good.
- Mings Oriental Restaurant : Boasting over 120 dishes on the menu and serving up an oriental feast of Thai, Chinese and Japanese with signature dishes including crispy shredded chicken and .
- Restaurant Bar & Grill: Make everything from scratch and serving some of the best quality food in Glasgow with real linen for a sophisticated dining experience.
- November Cafe: A fashion cafe that serves up an eclectic menu of sharing platters, mussels, fajitas and who can forget to mention the fantastic selection of cocktails. They have 8 different versions of Mojito’s alone!
- Darcy’s Cafe: Serves up all the old classics including fish and chips, steak sandwiches and tasty salads for the last 20 years. A Central Perk vibe with the addition of tasty food and a cracking win selection make Darcy’s the perfect place to catch up with friends.
- Buzzy’s Restaurant: A Glasgow staple reopened to continue to serve the tastiest burgers, sandwiches and Mexican food in the city for a spot of casual relaxed dining. The white wine goes down a treat for a spot of people watching!
So before catching a show at the SECC, Kings Theatre or Royal Pavilion you can always take advantage of pre-theatre menus from some of the best restaurants in Glasgow. Better still you can eat late as the restaurants at Princes Square Glasgow are open late 7 days a week, evening entertainment when the shops close.
Watch our restaurant videos and really soak up the atmosphere before you book to ensure you make the most of eating out. Enjoy Glasgow and more importantly enjoy dining out in one of the city’s most iconic buildings!
Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and this year Princes Square has plenty on offer for those hoping to treat a loved one on February 14th. Old romantics and Casanovas should take note of our top tips to be sure to tug on those heart strings.
Our guide to Valentine’s eating out is essential if this is a first date but it
will do no harm to throw out all the stops to impress your girlfriend, boyfriend, fiancé, husband or wife!
Princes Square’s Top Valentines Tips!
- Dress to Impress: Choosing an outfit you feel comfortable in, think of the venue, if it’s a posh restaurant make sure you look smart. Whatever you do save tracksuits and trainers for the gym, not a restaurant.
- Pay Compliments: eyes, attire, hair, looks and smile are all great places to start. Don’t be too cheesy and slushy it only takes one subtle compliment to leave a lasting impression.
- Mind your P’s & Q’s: Always try to act politely and be on your best behaviour, don’t get too drunk and show off.
- Be Natural: don’t try to be someone you’re not, try to be as honest as possible and relax.
- The Food: Check out the menu before hand and use this opportunity to ensure you have an idea of what to order in advance.
- The Bill: If you want to impress a girl it is tradition for men to foot the bill! However this day in age it is not uncommon to split it but always offer first! Always check out the prices before you go, we don’t want any embarrassing moments.
So all that is left is to book a romantic table for two, Princes Square has 7 top Glasgow City Centre Restaurants to choose from with tables still available! Valentine’s is the most popular day of the year for marriage proposals, don’t forget to let us know if you hear of anyone popping the big question! Happy Valentine’s Day Glasgow.