We can thank Tom Cruise for the dinks revival in the 80’s via cult classic movie Cocktail. We must also raise our glass to the Sex and the City girls who introduced the Cosmopolitian in the 90’s. In 2010 we continuing our love affair with cocktails so we thought we would bring you a few fun facts about this glamorous thirst quencher.
- The first Bartenders Guide was printed in 1862
- The first cocktail party was in 1917
- The Guinness Book of Records for most cocktails made in 1 hour is 662 in 2009
- World’s most expensive cocktail is $1300 per glass
At Princes Square Restaurants Glasgow there are 3 reasons to get your cocktail fix on the wet and cold winter night:
- DIY Cocktails, if you fancy learning the art of cocktail making then Barca Tapas Bar offers the Cocktail Masterclass for only £19.95 pp. The bar staff make this a fantastic night out so grab 9 of your friends and book now.
- Manhattan Experience, if you want to be transported to New York for the evening visit Restaurant Bar & Grill, people just keep coming back for the Cosmopolitans and the Manhattan style bar is sophisticated and trendy.
- Mojito Maddness, November boasts the largest selection of Mojito cocktails in Glasgow. Check out our video and see the handsome head barman Graham work his magic www.princessquare.tv/novembercocktails
All that is left to do is grab the girls and join us for after work drinks and fun mid week cocktails, our 8 restaurants are just off Buchanan Street in Glasgow City Centre, opposite Frasers Department Store.