Wine and food have a fantastic relationship, a marriage if you will. We see many of our customers shrink in their chair when asked what wine they would like to order or stare blankly as they turn the pages of the wine list.
We can’t all be wine connoisseurs but you can follow our guide to help you choose what wine goes best with your food.
Princes Square Restaurant Glasgow Wine Guide
- Salmon = Pinot Noir
- Shell Fish = Chardonnay or Sauvingon Blanc
- Smoked or Tangy Chicken = Riesling or Gewurztraminer
- Chicken parmesan = Salice Salentino or Brindis
- Venison and game meats = Riesling, Gewurztraminer or Grenache
- Lamb = Shiraz
- Red Meat = Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvingon or Merlot
- Pork = Shiraz or wine from Rhone
- Chocolate = Shiraz, Zinfandel or Madeira
- Stilton Cheese = Port
- Camembert = Sauvignon Blanc
Of course everyone’s taste is different and really there are no rules but for a beginner this is the perfect way to ensure you choose a palatable wine that helps bring out the flavour of your food. Or even just impress your date or friends with some wine knowledge.
Another top tip is to ask your waiter, never be shy as a good wine can really improve your whole experience and in our experience the restaurant staff are there to help after all.