We all love eating out. Often it is an indulgence or for a special occasion such as a birthday, a date, works night out or a relaxed family meal. Never leave it to chance and turn up at a random restaurant. Follow our top tips to ensure that you make the most of your restaurant experience.
Before you Book a Restaurant
- Do your homework. Check out the restaurant before you book, look at the menu, prices, facilities, images, videos and check out the website. Most importantly check the price so there are no embarrassed faces when the bill comes!
- Get an impartial opinion. Check review sites and ask friends and colleagues if they have eaten there. Sites like TripAdvisor, Trusted Places and Urban Spoon can let you see the latest reviews, scores and ratings to help make your decision.
Whilst at the restaurant
- Ask the waiter. If you don’t understand something on the menu, need help with your selection or want to know more about certain dishes then fire away. From wine recommendations to asking how spicy your food is, make sure you ask the staff. After all that is what they are there for.
- Feedback. It’s like being at the hairdressers, how many times do you get a haircut and smile politely say you are happy then go home and cry! Positive or negative, feedback is always welcomed to help restaurants improve the customer experience.
When you get home (ok maybe not straight away!)
- Review. In order to help others decide give your opinion and leave a review on a social network or review website so that you can pass on the good food karma and ensure others have a great dining experience!
Whether trying something new or visiting an old trusty favourite our top tips should help you get the most out of eating out! This helps both restaurant and customer, everyone wins!
If you think we have missed anything important or you have some of your own tips please share with us below.